Can you feel my heart breaking?
Back for my 3rd post today.
It’s been a fruitful 6 months with these bunch of girls. And i’m glad I got myself into this. I initially contemplated between continuing Malay Dance or joining Dikir Barat, and i think i made the right choice of trying something new. I enjoy singing and also doing dance movements and dikir incorporates all those elements of art, although we move while sitting down haha. I really learnt a lot of skills like coordinating the song with the ragam, match-pitching, singing from the stomach, loudly but on pitch, and also team work. Dikir Barat is not as easy as it looks. Being in PSS competition was a great experience and exposure to me.
I’ve also met a wonderful bunch of girls whom I’ve grown to love. Seniors, alumnus and us babies haha. And i’m currently improving myself as a juara. It’s tough being a frontman too cause your voice has to be, as quoted by our mentor “lovely” and there’s a lot of lenggok to traditional Malay songs which i’ve yet to master. 😡 But I’m slowly learning from Nasyiba, the best juara, who is also really humble and is an ABM senior of mine. I’m also glad I have Kak Cik as the tukang karut, my partner. I’m mostly glad to have all of the girls to support one another.
Our first “Babies only” performance was at Westwood Sec, on the eve of Hari Raya. I was super nervous, we all were. It was our first performance, so I didn’t expect too much haha. We also got help from the paluan side by Umar and Isma from Satria Sukma 🙂
Our second performance was at Tiong Bahru CC, which was organised by my grandad, so I kind of helped coordinate it haha. I guess it was much better than the first, and alhamdulillah we were satisfied. 🙂 (and there’s always room for improvement)
And recently, we did a combined performance with Satria Sukma for a showcase during The Origins Camp.
I pray we have a more fruitful journey ahead, to better ourselves as one Adiranta. Love you girls ❤
Why hello there!
I finally found the time and energy to blog again after a few months haha. Well it’s the semester break now, and this 2 months holidays is about to come to an end next week. Gosh. How time flies?
I seriously thought I could do so many things in the past 2 months, but half of my to-do list is still unticked. However, I did do a lot of other things during this semester break, which I am proud and happy of!
Let’s summarise what’s been happening in these past few months. (I’ll elaborate in upcoming posts, Insya Allah.)
– I’ve been temporarily motivated to keep fit (haha) So I went jogging weekly at Montreal Green with all the makciks and aunties wearing saris and all. It’s fun to go jogging alone, trust me. And I did workouts at the comfort of my home. Sadly my motivation was short-lived in the following months.
– Went to my first NP event; NPSU FOC and it was the BEST CAMP EVER!! Really love Bravicii, my first family in NP. ❤
– I also met Hidayah, the girl who shares the same fate as me (bfs in IJ) hahaha glad we met at FOC babe.
– Started school around mid-April, where I had to attend HMS CSOP for 3 days. I really like HMS, it’s filled with genuinely nice people.
-I joined dikir barat, under the Malay Cultural Club, if I haven’t mentioned. We are called Adiratna, and these girls are the greatest bunch of sisters i can ask for in NP ❤
– Been attending many shows and exhibitions for my assignments and also for my personal leisure. Assignments have been a huge burden, but i’m glad I’ve managed to pull through.
– Did a lot of (mandatory) volunteering too at the National Museum for Children Season.
– I went to NPSU’s Challengers Camp which only lasted 2D1N due to the terrible haze. But it was fun though!
– Volunteered at the Malay Heritage Centre for Movie Nights! It was an interesting experience, i’ve always dreamed of working there one day haha.
– Participated in my first dikir barat competition (Piala Suara Serumpun) where i played as awok tengah. I think my dance background made me enjoy doing the ragam in dikir haha. The results wasn’t as good as the past, but still satisfying, Alhamdulillah.
– Volunteered for Singapore Dance Theatre’s ‘Ballet Under The Stars’. To be honest, not one of my favourite experiences cause I didn’t really favour the way I was treated as a volunteer cause of the food mishaps. It was during the fasting month, so if you’re a Muslim you’d understand. I only managed to catch a bit of the ballet performances since my duty was FOH (sigh), but the atmosphere there was nice.
– I finally met my half-sister, Iman Najwa, when I had iftar at my grandmum’s place with my dad and stepmum and all. Shes’ a treasure. 🙂
August (MOST EVENTFUL MONTH)
– Semester ended around mid-August.
– Had my first performance as Adiratna’s juara (frontman) @ Westwood Sec. I was super nervous, audience could tell haha.
– The next day was already the 1st of Syawal = $$$ + asking for forgiveness + tears.
– Went back to my kampung at Pontian, JB, during National Day for Raya haha. I miss my kampung so much.
– Celebrated Atiqah’s birthday by going to NMS for Liechtenstein exhibition with some of the T01 peeps then went shopping!
– Mugged for INTCA exam at RP’s library after months of not mugging haha. RP’s library is super conducive.
– Mini celebration for Nisa’s bday at RP since we were still studying. Hope you liked it babe.
– INTCA exam was tough but quite manageable though.
– Celebrated NP Dikirs’ August babies birthday (which includes me!). We were bashed at Hasib’s condo then had bbq and jammed through the night. It was a wonderful day.
– Jalan Raya with NA friends in sec school together with Durrani.
– Jalan raya with Adiratna
– Jalan raya with MCC
– Went thrift shopping for the first time with bestfriend at Sungei Road. So satisfied!!
– Dinner @ Eighteen Chefs with Bravicii which was followed by my birthday surprise at the Chambers hehe! (HUGE CARD + CAKE YAY)
– I turned 17 on the 30th August!! And Durrani and my girls became such sweethearts by surprising me under my block with cake and a helium balloon, planned by him. Then he proceeded to ask my mum for permission to take me out for dinner (AAAH). So him being wonderful took me out to dinner @ Zam Zam in Arab Street, then we went for maghrib prayers @ Sultan Mosque, and then proceeded to the Singapore Night Festival. Most beautiful night 🙂
– Had our second “babies only” performance @ Tiong Bahru CC, co-coordinated by yours truly heh. More satisfied with that performance than the first, alhamdulillah. 🙂
– My confidant turned 18. Love you Fateen Nasyitah ❤
– Jalan Raya with “RGS” during the last bits of Syawal hehe
– Got my GPA for Sem 1. Alhamdulillah, better than expected. 🙂
– Bragi Chalet was quite nice, only went there for half a day so haha.
– Went out to eat a lot
– Origins Camp was quite nice, learned a lot and made new friends hehe
– TCP Empowerment Camp was awesome!! Love my mentors and lovely #teamsouthafrica!!!
– Had a movie + catch-up session at my house and then proceeded to Sembawang Park with my 4 favourite girls weehee ❤
– HOT Annual Bonding Camp was awesome cause of Durmstrang!! #thewinningteam “Treasure, that is what you are”
– MCC Lepak 2.0 @ ECP was great too! One of the most enjoyable days with them.
– Karaoke + pizza sesh with Bravicii @ Bryan’s place. It’s always a great day whenever it’s with them hehe
Well October has still recently begun, and sadly school is starting on the 16th sigggh. But Poly life has been great so far. I think it’s one of the most life-changing decisions i’ve made.
I’m still mentally preparing myself for the long ride ahead.